Chia Seeds 500g
The safety of Chia seeds when used in bread at a maximum of 5% has been confirmed by the EFSA in its opinion adopted onMarch 13, 2009 (EFSA, 2009).
Chia seeds are rich in:
- Antioxidants and amino acids
In addition, they can be used to help with weight loss. They have very few calories and contain no gluten.
Chia seeds are very flexible and can be eaten in a variety of ways:
- Whole/crushed – add to any food (hot or cold) for texture, sprinkle on salads or cereal. They can also be used in baking or as a thickening agent. Crushed seeds will release the most Omega3.
- Chia Gel – chia seeds can be combined with water (or any liquid) to produce a gel-like consistency. This can be eaten/drunk as it is, or added to foods. Smoothies can be made with 50-70% chia gel or added to any creamy/liquid foods (puddings, dressings, jelly etc).
To use as a thickening agent when you’re cooking, start with 1-2 tablespoons of whole seeds and stir thoroughly. Then turn down the heat and wait for a couple of minutes to the chia to take effect.
How to make Chia gel:
- Use 1 part seeds and 9 parts water.
- Put the water in a clean container and slowly stir in the seeds.
- Wait 5 min then stir again.
- Wait 10 min then stir for the last time.
The gel lasts up to 14 days in the fridge.
Adding your product to the basket...
We are just adding your product to your shopping basket at our main site Buy Whole Foods Online.
In just a moment, you will be redirected to Buy Whole Foods Online where you can continue with your purchase.